Times are a little tight right now. While the stock market has come back from its fall in 2008, somehow people are just not feeling comfortable yet. People are being cautious still on how they spend their money. But what if you need a change from the usual? What if you just can’t wear that outfit another time? Here are some ideas that can change the way you think about what’s hanging in your closet.
1) Scarves are very big right now. Even in the heat of the summer, many women are using scarves to accessorize. Scarves come in lightweight materials for warmer weather that make them ideal for an instant pop of color, design or to change an outfit from the mundane to wow. And not only can you wear them around your neck but you can also wear them around your waist as a belt, in your hair, or as a coverup for a swimsuit.
2) Put a hat on. Hats come in all colors and styles. They come in cotton, lightweight knits and straw for the warmer months and felt, wool and heavy knits for the cooler months. The styles are endless and can change your look in a snap!
3) Belts, but not suspenders. Belts from ultrathin to extra-wide in colors as well as neutrals make any outfit stand to attention. Metal tone belts are great to wear low, above the hips to give some bling as well as to make you look slimmer.
4) Don’t Forget a Girl’s Best Friend! Jewelry can change an old outfit to look as good as new. It can be a long beaded necklace or several layered necklaces. A wide bib style necklace with colored stones is a great look. And even simpler styles, say in gold, silver, or bronze colored metals with eye-catching diamonds or cubic zirconia, can change the appearance of any outfit. The newest trend, metal jewelry in non-metalic colors, such as pink, blue and orange, gives you the ability to bring out any color in an outfit.
5) Add a vest, blazer or jacket to an outfit for an instant look changer. White jackets are so in right now — they are the new “black”. White looks great with all this season’s bright colors and works equally well with neutrals. White and camel… so chic!
So go out there and find your passion for bringing the old to new. Just a few small shopping trips can give your wardrobe a whole new look.
I would love to hear from our readers. Leave comments for me, Carly, here on the blog, so we can share our success stories in reviving our wardrobes.